Saturday, May 31, 2008

Belling the Dog


When I first came to live with the photographer, he bought me a brand new collar. He also bought a tag with my name on it, added it to the collar and told me I looked very handsome.

He took me to the vet, who looked me over, gave me some shots, and after pronouncing me a good dog, gave me a tag to add to my new collar. The photographer told me it was to show what a healthy dog I was.

Then a tag came in the mail from the city to prove I had been registered. He added it to my collar and told me it showed what a responsible dog I was.

After I went exploring several times (all on my own) the photographer bought me a tag with contact information on it. He added it to all the other tags and told me now I could find my way home no matter where I traveled.

Last week at the studio, the door was open so the electricians could come in and out to do their work. I wasn't really interested in what was happening in the hallway as long as my humans stayed in the room. I take my job seriously and am determined to make sure my humans are well behaved.

At first, they were both occupied with a project. The artist was busy working away when the photographer decided to wander out into the hallway.

Being the good dog that I am, I wanted to check on him to make sure he wasn't causing trouble.
Every time I started toward the door, the artist would get an attack of insecurity and call me back. I sat at her feet and let her pet me until she was calmed, then I would try again to check on the photographer.

Several times I tried to make it to the door. Each time I would take a few steps and she would get upset and need me to take care of her. I knew she was fine and I really needed to see what the photographer was up to.

I sat for a few minutes, then very quietly crept away. I made it all the way to the door before the artist realized I was gone.

That was when it hit me. I didn't have all those tags to look handsome, to prove I had shots, was registered, or so I could find my way home. They gave me all those tags to wear so I would make noise!

Oh those sneaky humans. Now that I know what they are up to, I have learned to walk in such a way that my tags don't jingle.

All I have to do now is figure out how to get some sort of jingles on the humans, they will be so much easier to keep track of.

Love,
Buddy

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your such a good Dog, Buddy. I love how your take care of the artist and the Photographer.

Carolyn

pchickki said...

God Boy!

My dogs have all those tags too and yes they jingle. I found that if your photographer wears 2 or more bracelets they jingle. I had to one the other day and I thought my dogs were following me everywhere until I noticed what it was that was making the noise.

Good luck....oh by the way....your tags and collar are VERY important. Wear them with pride.
Hugs Buddy
Patti