Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This Bud's For You!

Picture this scenario:
Ten o'clock Sunday morning.
OlderMale, wearing a ball cap and black shirt, sitting in a short lawn chair in a tent, waiting for the doors to open, on the second day of a two day art fair where he was trying (not entirely successfully) to sell his photography.
TallThinYoungGuy, stopping by to say hello and ask a question.

TallThinYoungGuy:
Um...this is going to sound funny....but...do you drink?

OlderMale:
Not really.  Why?

TallThinYoungGuy:
Um...I was looking for someone who had a beer or something.

OlderMale:
Well, I do have one beer.

TallThinYoungGuy:
Um...can I have it?  I mean, until the stores open and I can buy one for myself.

OlderGuy:
Why do you need a beer?

TallThinYoungGuy:
'Cause I need something to take the edge off.  I'm working at this stupid art fair, I'm not selling a damn thing (pottery), I don't even want to be here, I have two tests to study for and a paper to write, which is never gonna get done, 'cause I am stuck at this damn art fair, and I just need a beer. Please? I'll give you three beers when the stores open if you just give me your beer now.

For those who are curious, the legal drinking age in the state where this happened is 21.  TallThinGuy got his beer and I suppose he survived the day, though I don't know how he did on his tests or if his paper ever got done.  He did not trade three beers for one.  He did however trade for something else.


It is all about supply and demand.

Love,
Buddy




6 comments:

elle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GOSTOPSITE33 said...

I like this website its a master peace ! Glad I found this on google .
I must say, as a lot as I enjoyed reading what you had to say, I couldn't help but lose interest after a while.
섯다

GUIDE1903 said...

Hi colleagues, nice piece of writing and pleasant arguments commented
here, I am truly enjoying by these.
This is very attention-grabbing, You’re an overly skilled blogger.
I have joined your feed and sit up for in search of extra of your excellent post.
Also, I have shared your site in my social networks
Nice and very unique post…help for me….
Thank you very much…
성인웹툰

TOTOSAFEDB33 said...

The ability to work from anywhere with an internet connection provides me with greater flexibility while traveling, whether it be to visit family, travel to watch my favorite sports on TV. I’m looking for this kind of flexibility.
안전놀이터

เว็บ สล็อต said...

เว็บ สล็อต ออนไลน์อันดับ 1 ในทวีปเอเชีย เป็นเว็บออนไลน์ ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่1ของไทย พีจี สล็อต ระบบน่าไว้วางใจ เล่นได้ จ่ายจริง ไม่มีต่ำ ฝาก-ถอน เร็วทันใจเล่นง่ายไม่ยุ่งยาก ทำเงิน ได้จริง