Tuesday, July 10, 2012

God Bless Texas A&M

*from my human
Love,
Buddy

I don't usually use this forum to express my personal or political views, preferring instead to let Buddy have fun with art and the world at large.  However this week something happened in College Station, Texas that I want to comment on.

I lived in College Station for two years.  My former husband attended Texas A&M University and even though I only took classes through their community education program, I still consider myself an "Aggie" to the bone.

Last week the students of TAMU stepped up in true Twelfth Man fashion and stood guard at a fallen soldier's funeral.  They formed a Maroon Wall of protection, determined that a mourning family would not be disturbed by fanatic members of a cruel "church" who planned to picket the funeral.

No voice could speak so loudly or eloquently as those students who held silent vigil  in honor of  Lt. Col. Roy Tisdale as he was laid to rest.  I am damn proud of all those who saw a wrong about to happen and took actions to prevent it.


http://totalfratmove.com/978983






http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06/texas-am-students_n_1653002.html



As for the so called "church", they don't deserve the time of day or an inch of space on this or any forum.  If they ever come to my town, I plan on being there.  I will stand.  I will be the 12th man.  I will be the Maroon Wall.

Gig "em Aggies!!