Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ten Things You Probably Shouldn't Say....

.....to a photographer or an artist.

Since I work with both a photographer (who can be artistic)  and an artist (who does take photographs), I have actually witnessed some of these conversations taking place.

I found this list on many websites so I'm not sure of the origin.



















 This is how I have advised my photographer and artist to react:
#1
"Your camera takes really nice pictures."
Yup, I sent it out at 9pm with the tripod.  Together they sat out in the (January) freezing cold for an hour to get that one perfect shot of the full moon at Yellowstone.  Meanwhile I was safe and warm inside singing songs at the piano with the other guests.

#2
"Can't you just Photoshop that?"
Sure I can, I can walk on water too.

#3
"I wanted to invite you to my (birthday, wedding, or other important event).   You should bring your camera."
And you should bring your checkbook.

#4
"Why is the background all blurry like that?"
Because it (the background) was moving so fast I couldn't get a clear picture.

#5
"Can you make it black & white, but leave our eyes in color?"
Of course, and the color of your eyes is going to be black & white.

#6
"Geez! You charge THAT much?!?  We only have to pay $19.99 for our sitting fee at Sears!
Then you should go sit on it at Sears.

#7
I'll just print them at Wal-Mart.
And I'll just take them with my VistaQuest.

#8
Gosh!  Your job must be so easy!  All you do is click a button all day!
Yes, my job is easy except for the endless hours, no free weekends, waiting on the right light, right weather, waiting on people to arrive, waiting on people to get out of the way, taking a thousand pictures to get one good picture, and hundreds of good picture to get one great one.  Other than that, all I have to do is click away.

#9
What's the discount if I edit the pictures myself?  There is a free program called Picnik.
If you want to edit the pictures yourself, you will have to take the pictures yourself.

#10
Can you take your watermark off your photos that you posted on Facebook?  My mom wants to have them printed.
Absolutely!  And then I'll make the resolution so low that they will only print at an inch, but that means your mom will be able to print a lot on one page.  Be sure and tell her to use really good photo paper, only the best for my work!


Here are some more lists:
 http://www.redbubble.com/people/paintability/writing/1352548-ten-things-you-must-never-say-to-an-artist

http://www.indieprettyprojects.com/2011/03/10-things-never-to-say-to.html

http://www.expertphotography.com/10-things-no-photographer-wants-to-hear

http://strikingimagesblog.com/2012/02/top-5-things-not-to-say-to-a-photographer/

http://fromvinyltomp3.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/10-things-you-should-never-say-to-a-photographer/


Love,
Buddy

Oh, I almost forgot...
In the studio, if the customer requests to stay while we work they get charged accordingly.
$100 extra to stay
$200 extra if they talk
but they get to pet the dogs for free!



No comments: