Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Luna Pulchra (beautiful moon)



Have you ever wanted to stand out in the back yard and howl at the moon?  Well, I have to tell you that the full moon for January was one worth howling at.





I love the moon, it is bright, it is beautiful, and it makes it easy to see critters in the backyard in the middle of the night.  I especially love the full moon because that is when the moon is at its greatest glory.  We (inhabitants of Earth) need the moon.

Did you know that each full moon of the year has a name?  In fact, it appears that over the ages, different names have been given by varied cultures to the full moons. 

Find some really interesting facts about the moon here.  And here.  And here.  And here. Did you know we are only able to see one side of the moon?

Ever want to know when a full moon occurred, or is going to occur?

Can you pass the moon quiz? I got a 60% my first try.

And I can't let you go without sending you to a real moon lunatic (I know, I know...redundant) and the most interesting moon page I came across.  Informaation including, but not restricted to: phases, facts, events, maps, dates of full moons on Friday the 13th or Halloween.  How cool is that!

And just think, every day the moon is different, and every twenty-nine and a half days we get to do it all over again.

Love,
Buddy


No comments: