Thursday, April 3, 2008

On Taking Care of the Humans


*********************************************************************************
I have one coat. Just one. I wear it all the time. Occasionally my coat gets cleaned when I visit the spa, and I do get groomed by one of the humans from time to time, but I am generally satisfied with a roll in the grass and a good shake after my morning pee.

My humans on the other hand have very different needs when it comes to coats.

Not the photographer so much as the artist.

The photographer has one coat for Brrrrrzzzzy days and another for just plain cold days.

The artist, on the other hand, has a coat for Brrrrrzzzzy days, a coat for just plain cold days, a coat for mild days, a coat for rainy days, a coat for days when the air conditioner is on, a coat just in case the weather changes from mild to cold, a short coat, and a long coat. She even has a couple of old coats that she keeps to do chores in so her other coats won't get dirty. (Not to mention all the sweaters, jackets and flannel shirts!)

One of the things about having humans is knowing their basic needs and how to care for them.

Feeding and walking - no problem. Knowing which coat the artist is going to need is a whole different matter. It is a good thing humans have us dogs to take care of them.

Love,
Buddy

parkbenchstudio.com
**********************************************************************************
Selected Dog Quote of the Day

Mrs. Campbell once attempted to smuggle her pet Pekingese through customs by tucking him inside the upper part of her cape. "Everything was going splendidly," she later remarked, "until my bosom barked."

Beatrice Stella Campbell



1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I am the same with with my jackets, Coats and such. I think I might thin out and put some in the Garage Sale Pile * gasp*

Carolyn