Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finally V-Day is over...

It isn't that I hate Valentine's Day, it is that I don't like the hype and what could be considered unreasonable expectations of the day.  I am really sick of the shades of pink and red that have decorated all the stores since January 2nd and I hate having sentiment shoved down my throat.

I am a classy dog.  I show affection every day.   Some days I show it better than others.  I'd rather give one rose for no other reason than a passing thought than to be required to give a dozen because a specific date has arrived on the calendar.  Ugh!.

Now I can start looking forward to the next holiday.
Actually I was thinking that it would be Saint Patrick's Day - one of my favorite holidays,

but a quick look at the calendar shows that first we have to survive ;

President's Day (a Monday holiday)

Mardi Gras (aka Shrove Tuesday)

Ash Wednesday (the beginning of the Lenten season)

Leap Day

and the bane of my existence the beginning of Daylight Saving (I know, I know...certainly not a holiday but a day that I have to contend with non-the-less)

All the more reason to look forward to Saint Patrick's Day.

In the meantime I'll just have to survive by thinking happy thoughts. 

Like...
Doggie treats







Chasing squirrels







Gnawing a big ol' juicy bone







Playing with Spencer











Getting petted
and laughing a lot.











Yep, I think I'll survive.

Love,
Buddy









No comments: