Saturday, November 19, 2011

Please sir, may I have some more....

I'm not going to say that I am obsessed with the food for this Thanksgiving, but I will say that I do think about it just about every morning when I get up....and pretty much every evening before I go to bed, oh and maybe at lunch and mid-morning and late afternoon, and early evening....and pretty much the rest of the day too.  Oh well, maybe I am obsessed.

Anyway, I came across this recipe for turkey cooked in a slow cooker, which I really hadn't thought of, but when you think about it is a good idea for one or two people who aren't cooking for a crowd, or if you are eating at Aunt August's house and won't have any leftovers of your own, and you NEED leftovers because they are the BEST thing about Thanksgiving dinner.






Of course if you are going to have turkey you absolutely NEED mashed potatoes as a side, or in some cases (like Aunt August's youngest daughter Maddie) mashed potatoes are the main dish with a bit of turkey on the side.

Try this recipe for traditional taters.





Go here for more potato information, including some non-traditional offerings.









I can hardly wait!!

Love,
Buddy


No comments: