Monday, December 12, 2011

On-line, Catalog or Brick and Mortar?

Some people just don't like shopping.

Some people thrive on it.

Some people don't like to talk on the phone.

Some people thrive on it.

In my opinion (and I am an expert on my opinion) on-line shopping is the best of all worlds.  Those that don't like to go to the mall can get their gift buying done without having to find a parking place, pass the bell ringers at the door, put up with the crowds, or wear their feet to nubs. 

Those that like the mall, can let their fingers do the walking on the computer keyboard and once all the goodies have been found on-line can go to the store and get their shopping high in person.

Personally, I like to go through all the catalogs the nice mailman brings, go on-line to order, then the nice mailman delivers the gifts right to my door.

These are interesting on-line catalog sites:

L L Bean

FREE SHIPPING!






Sundance











Edmund Scientific's











Signals
















Woolrich






Betty's Attic

Retro to the Max









Hammacher Schlemmer











Acorn











Bas Bleu











National Geographic











Hickory Farms








Stonewall Kitchen










Cheryl's










Wisconsin Cheeseman









The Popcorn Factory










Wind & Weather











The Metropolitan Museum of Art Store










Wolferman's










X-treme geek










Catalog Favorites










Norm Thompson










Herrington
Nueske's

The BEST meat I ever wrapped a tongue around!






Sometimes I get so engrossed in the catalogs, I forget that I am actually shopping. I thrive on it.

I hate to admit this, and I wouldn't tell just anyone, but I had every one of these catalogs sitting right here by the computer, with duplicates of LLBean (five of them) and Nueske's (only two).  Most of them are from this year but I did find a couple dated 2008! Maybe a little spring cleaning is in order.

The good thing is I am now done with all my Christmas shopping.  Now aren't you jealous?

Love,
Buddy




No comments: